Director of Engineering – Ann Arbor
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
This is key member of Engineering leadership team responsible for managing the Core Engineering team in our Ann Arbor, MI office. You will be working very closely with our Core Engineering team in San Mateo, CA to coordinate all aspects of the product development process including product feature development and overall service quality. This is an opportunity to work with cutting edge technology – including Hadoop – to analyze our vast consumer behavior data set, and apply the results to optimize each and every consumer marketing opportunity, across our multi-channel solution including Predictive Display Advertising, onsite Web Recommendations, and targeted email Alerts.
Primary responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Hands on technical role (lead by example); contribute to all phases of the software development lifecycle, including the architecture, analysis, design, implementation, and QA.
- Recruit and train a team of experienced and new graduate Software Engineers. We’re investing heavily in our technical team in Ann Arbor and you will be instrumental in leading our “Engineering Development Program” to turn new CSE graduates into highly productive Engineers. Our goal is to be the leading employer of U of M CSE graduates, and you will be on point for developing relationships with the University, professors and students to execute on this goal
- Strong communication and tight collaboration with the Core Engineering team in San Mateo, CA on all aspects of software development for our core product.
The ideal candidate will have outstanding leadership and technical skills, and has demonstrated expertise in managing teams of Software Engineers to successful delivery of projects on time. You have an ability to motivate your team to be high contributors, an unwavering commitment to excellence, excellent work ethic, and a positive attitude.
Requires a B.S./M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent /Startup Experience required
- Excellent leadership & management skills with ability to scale with the rapid growth of MyBuys
- Proven ability to recruit and mentor software engineers and quickly turn them into highly productive Engineers
- 5+ years hands on experience managing software development teams
- Architect level Java technical skills; 10+ years hands on experience building scalable solutions in Java, and a mastery of Spring, Hibernate, Velocity, and JMS
- Experience with distributed data systems (Hadoop, HBase, Hive) a very big plus
- Outstanding communicator
- Domain expertise in Display Advertising, Email Marketing, Personalization, Recommendation Engines, E-commerce, or Web Analytics highly desired
To be considered for this position, your resume MUST be accompanied by a cover letter that outlines how your skills and experience match the above requirements.
MyBuys is an equal opportunity employer. Please refer all inquiries and resumes in MS Word format to email@example.com
MyBuys enables over 400 online retailers to deliver personalized product recommendations and offers at the right place and time based on each shopper’s evolving product affinities and buying preferences. Recently named the #16 fastest growing marketing and advertising company by Inc. magazine, MyBuys is rapidly expanding to meet market demand for its 1:1 online marketing solutions. The company offers a low-risk, SaaS solution that delivers ROI and sales increases that are hard to turn down by any retailer and has led to phenomenal growth and expanding use of the company’s suite across channels including display ads, websites, emails, mobile and social media.
If you’ve been told that you are an “A” player and look for the same in the company and team you work with, then MyBuys is the place for you. You’ll find both challenge and reward in making an impact and helping MyBuys get to the next level of success. Funded by top venture capital firms, loaded with great people from top to bottom, and offering “must-have” solutions, MyBuys is leading the next evolution of online marketing.